Featured post

Monday 14 March 2016

The second session of 3 Elements of Difference took place on 17th August 2015.

The group did some writing about the 3 Elements:

Element one

"Breathing, noises, awareness of room... focus back on my body."

"Taking time, shake it off. Hold pose, feel a strain
Release, release, release
the strain - a different kind.
It's okay, you're tired.
Gently rolling shoulders
Release - find tension - release - find tension
let it be - tension - let it be"


Element three 

“The presence of [recorded] music was interesting – it took me a long time to stop moving with the obvious beat, and make/find my own beat around and within it. Once I had, I felt much more comfortable. Attempting contact of initially just fingers, then arms, then the back, felt much more fun and less pressured than I have previously found it. I still move quite slowly though :)

"Projections - reflections.
Playing
Get swept into - rhythm in space"

"Sway.
Separate feet - moving in time
Uncertainty
Right hand still holds
Brevity
Change"

"It's the same as talking to someone for the 1st/20th/1000th time
- You're possibly testing new ground
- You're testing familiar
You're trusting to be experimental 
Diving in at the deep end"




We also did some drawings:-









No comments:

Post a Comment